The University is a FUN filled training program to help develop Scouter excellence in the Baltimore Area Council. All registered Scouters are encouraged to attend so that they may better understand the critical role and function of their position in the Scouting program. This Scouter training experience is planned to:
These results are achieved through a broad curriculum of instruction and recognition of achievement by a series of awards.
- Cub Scout Leader Program (CSP)
- Scouts BSA Leader Program (SBP)
- College of Commissioner Service Program (BCS, MCS, DCS)
- Continuing Education Program(CED, SND)
- District Committee Program (DSP)
- Doctoral Program (DOC, DCS)
- Venturing Program (VSP)
Each new participant will receive a University of Scouting patch. Participants who complete the degree requirements will be recognized with an appropriate patch segment for that degree and a diploma.
The are two different Degree Courses Available:
- The University of Scouting offers the following Degrees:
- – Bachelor
- – Master
- – Doctoral
- – Fellow
- The College of Commissioner Service offers the following degrees:
- – Bachelor of Commissioner Science
- – Master of Commissioner Science
- – Doctorate of Commissioner Science
The above two degree programs have separate requirements to obtain these degrees. While College of Commissioner Service courses will apply to UoS degrees, most UoS courses will not be accepted for College of Commissioner Service degrees.
For more information, please read more in the Degree information area.
WHAT TO BRING AND WHAT TO WEAR
Each participant should bring a pencil/pen and paper. THIS IS A UNIFORMED EVENT and Scouting is a uniformed service. All participants are encouraged to maintain a proper uniform throughout the entire day.
To maintain the stature of the training program of the University and to give a sense of accomplishment to the recipients, the following policies will govern the event: