There are two different Degree Courses Available:
- The University of Scouting offers the following Degrees:
- – Bachelor
- – Master
- – Doctoral
- – Fellow
- The College of Commissioner Service offers the following degrees:
- – Bachelor of Commissioner Science
- – Master of Commissioner Science
- – Doctorate of Commissioner Science
The above two degree programs have separate requirements to obtain these degrees. Some classes will not cross over into College of Commissioner Science Degree. While College of Commissioner Service courses will apply to UoS degrees, most UoS courses will not be accepted for College of Commissioner Science degrees.
– Must be a registered Scouter
– Register on line for the University of Scouting
– Attend the University of Scouting and sign in at the registration table
– Participate in all seven (7) class hours and sign the Sign-In sheet in each class
Participate in all seven (7) class hours and sign the Sign-In sheet in each class
After completing a Bachelor degree program, attend a subsequent University of Scouting and attend an additional seven (7) class hours, and sign the Sign-In sheet in each class
– Have earned the Commissioner Key/Arrowhead Honor or the Key for your position or the Training Award for your position (click HERE to get the forms for these awards)
– Recruit one new Scouter to Scouting or to a new position in Scouting
– Go to the Registration area at the end of the day and request a Dean or the Chancellor sign the form
After completing a Master degree program, attend additional Universities of Scouting to complete additional classes.
– Have a total of twenty-five (25) class-hour credits– an additional eleven (11) credits above those required for the Masters
– Recruit one additional new Scouter to Scouting or to a new position in Scouting
– Achieve satisfactory performance of your registered position in Scouting.
– Complete the two (2) required 600-Level Doctoral classes which are DOC 604A and DOC 605A. These two classes count towards the twenty-five (25) class-hour credits required for this degree
– Complete the non-credit class DOC 614 and obtain approval of the topic for your Doctoral Project, Thesis, or Research Paper
– Obtain all appropriate signatures on the application
– Complete your approved Project, Thesis, or Research Paper and turn it into the Dean of the Doctoral Program by December 31st.
– Submit the Application for the Doctoral Degree form with all of the remaining requirements completed by December 31st in order to receive your Doctorate at the next UoS- NO EXCEPTIONS!
Complete the requirements for, and receive, the Doctorate Degree from the Baltimore Area Council’s University of Scouting
– Have a total of forty (40) class-hour credits – an additional fifteen (15) credits above those required for the Doctorate, four (4) of which must be earned after completing the requirements for the Doctorate
– Develop a syllabus for a new class and teach that class at the University of Scouting (suggested to be developed and taught following completion of the requirements of the Masters Degree; work following the Doctorate Degree is highly desired)
– Complete the application form with all required signatures by December 31st in order to receive your Fellow Award at the next UoS – NO EXCEPTIONS!
NOTE: An application for the Fellow Award must be completed and turned in only following final approval having been obtained for the Baltimore Area Council’s University of Scouting Doctorate degree; some requirements may only be met following the earning of the Doctorate degree. Fellow Award applications will not be considered for the same calendar year class in which the applicant earned their Doctorate. This simply means that an applicant cannot earn the Doctorate and Fellow Award in the same year. The intent of the Fellow Award is to encourage recipients to apply their experience and knowledge as an experienced, post-graduate Scouter to further the goals of the University of Scouting. Therefore, effort following the earning of the Doctorate must be applied in order to receive the Fellow Award.
REQUIREMENTS FOR DEGREES IN COMMISSIONER SCIENCE: