Register your unit for Scouting for Food
Tag Drop off: March 16, 2024
Food Pick up: March 23, 2024
Scouting for Food maps- For units
Scouting for Food Tips/Ideas
1. Tie a rubber band on the hang tag and put around the mailbox. This will avoid having to open the mailbox (a Federal offense) and the hang tag from blowing away.
2. The Friday before SFF Day, stand at the entrances of neighborhoods where you will be picking up food with a sign reminding neighbors to put our their food.
3. Place a bright color sticker on the back of the hang tag with more personalized messages.
4. Publicity helps. Announcements can be placed in local papers saying that the drive is coming.
5. Knock on doors and hand out the hang tags. This works better than leaving them out near the mail box.
6. Have your neighborhood associations promote SFF in their newsletter.
7. Email, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or Word of Mouth — Promote SFF with all your neighbors and friends.
8. Have local businesses promote Scouting for Food on their outdoor marquis and/or signs.